Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My "Shorty"

Disclaimer: This is my very first post/entry. I've never blogged before.

I plan to keep the focus of this blog on my son, Eli. He turned 3 at the end of December. He is my only child, so as a first-time mother I often consider hiring a camera crew to follow him around in order to capture and catalog all of the memories and events that my aging mind just cannot process and remember fully. I have a feeling that most of my entries/posts will revolve around silly comments he makes about the world around him. So...here goes!

Eli is my one and only. And as most first-time mothers do, I often keep track of his daily servings of grains, fruits, veggies, and proteins (as well as a full-time working mother can, I suppose). Apparently he knows just how important healthy eating is for his body. On Sunday afternoon when he pooped in the potty, he insisted that I come into the bathroom to examine the poop with him.

**Warning: If you read my blog, you're going to hear a great deal about pee, poop, and everything else that may pertain to a 3-year old boy. Don't say I didn't warn you!**

So I play along. I gaze intently into the toilet right alongside him. Then, with a very serious/concerned look on his face, he says, "Mommy, I think I need to be eating more fruits and vegetables. My poop looks funny."

Ah, such a serious little boy, full of adult insight. Perhaps if we were all examining our poop that closely, we'd be leading healthier lives. Just a thought.



5 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Brings back memories of days with 3 year old boys around here.
    My 2 favorite things about your blog so far:
    1. the focus you've established for it
    2. your sense of humor--your voice really shines in how you've written this post

    Congrats on becoming a blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...your post brought me back to when my boys where little. My youngest made me go to the bathroom several times to examine his creations. Once he insisted he pooped a number 2 and another time it looked like a dinosaur to him. Thank you for making me smile:) and please do keep writing about that precious little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a preschool teacher I so enjoy hearing about the family life of children the ages of my students. Three is definately a favorite age group of mine - you can discuss body function all you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little boys are fascinated with all things related to poop. And honestly, it doesn't change much as they get older. My almost 14 year old once asked me to come and look at the poop snake he made. He talked with pride about how he thought it would most definitely plug the toilet. He asked if I wanted to place a wager. I looked at it and handed him the plunger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations new blogger! No better way to blog than to record your life with Eli.

    ReplyDelete