Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Are you all 'snugged' in?"


I lost hearing in my left ear while returning from the Grand Canyon. The doctor says I have a lot of fluid (and pressure) built up in my middle ear. Time and several different medications should take care of the problem. Anyhoo...

Today I was attempting to rest on the couch while Eli ate breakfast and watched a bit of tv. When he finished eating, he asked me to pick a few pieces of oatmeal off of his pants, as usual.

And then he asked if I wanted to get tucked in under the blanket. Of course I let him! After he checked his work, making sure the blanket was tucked in around me completely, he brought his own beloved blankie over to me and draped it over me as well. As he smoothed his blankie down, he hummed a tune for me, rubbed my shoulder, and leaned over to give me a wet kiss. Finally, he asked me, "Are you all 'snugged in,' Mommy?"

I hope he stays sweet forever!

1 comment:

  1. What a precious boy! He's so sweet--and a good kid to be taking care of mommy. Tell him I said he did a good thing.
    Take care--hope your ear clears soon!

    ReplyDelete