Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Missing Puck


On Monday when I got home from work, Eli was waiting at the door for me, as he sometimes does. (Usually if he meets me at the door, it means he's in a VERY good mood, which is good for ALL of us.)

So my mom (Eli's babysitter) left, and Eli asked to use the laptop up on my bed. We got all "snugged in" together on the bed, with the laptop perched on a pillow on Eli's little lap.

While we were waiting for his favorite website to load, Eli got a solemn look on his face, pushed the laptop off of his pillow, and looked me right in the eye.

"I miss Puck, Mommy. Do you still miss Puck?"

"I miss Puck every day, Eli."

"Me too, but I gonna take good care of you, Mommy..." and then he paused to rub my arm before asking, "So did Daddy say we can get another cat, or what?"

"Not yet, baby...but I'm working on it."

So if any of you happen to talk to my husband, tell him that we're ready for another cat! Please.

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh....can he get any sweeter?
    When I see J, I'll try to remember to tell him you guys are ready for another cat. :)

    ReplyDelete