Thursday, March 3, 2011

Poop Talk


I'm not sure if it's because Eli's my first/only child, but I just don't ever get tired of listening to him speak (except for when he's whining, perhaps).

Today, after I went to work but before my husband left for the office, Eli informed him that he had to poop (see my earlier disclaimer if you're unhappy about my content/use of the word "poop"). Eli proceeded to run toward the bathroom, then stopped---and ran back to my husband. Eli gave him a very intense look and shouted out, "Daddy, sometimes when you gotta poop, you just need to get it done!" And with that profound statement, he ran off, back to the bathroom (where he did, in fact, poop).

When I arrived home from work, the first words out of my mom's (and full-time babysitter/dishwasher) mouth were, "Eli pooped 3 times today!" Nope, there's no escaping the daily poop talk. And believe me, I've tried.

Happy pooping, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Funny! It's a fact of life, so go with it. I agree with Eli, you just need to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't interesting how before you have children this is a taboo topic... then afterwards you even notice the men around the table talking about BM's. Before it was rude... now you celebrate it! Before it was gross... now it is a sign of being healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember feeling like poop was the big topic of our days for several years....not just for my sons, but for my daughter as well! :)
    Love both the humor and the conversational style of your slices. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete