Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bedtime Chat


Tonight after Eli was all changed into his jammies and resting in my arms...he wanted to chat.

"Maybe we could sit in the dark and talk, Mommy?" he asked as we settled into the rocker/recliner together.

"I love talking with you, Eli. What do you want to talk about?" (I'm not stupid. I know that my boy won't always want to sit and talk with me. So I don't let these moments pass by.)

"Mmm...maybe we talk about our favorite Wow! Wow! Wubbzy episodes? Mine is Wubb Idol."

(If you don't know about Wow! Wow! Wubbzy...where have you been?! Wake up and start watching! Eli's fav episode, Wubb Idol, features Beyonce as one of the characters/singers. The song they sing is CRAZY addictive, though. It's running through my head as I type.)

Anyhoo...after chatting about Wubbzy for nearly 5 minutes, he was ready to hit the hay. Gotta love our bedtime chats.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea....and am a little curious. Just a little though. After years of kid show songs running through my head, I am finally getting past it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your slices about your son have been so endearing to read. My 22 year old son often comes around the table while I'm writing to give me that special hug. It may not be about a "wow wow" show but it makes my heart go wow,wow. Hold on tight, keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today my grown son (27) had me looking up a word (lulz) in the slang dictionary online. And now you will be sending me to the internet, because I'm sure my two grandsons know about this--and I don't want to be left out of THAT generation either!

    Lovely post--and yes, take time for those hugs. All three of my sons are grown and gone, and today I'm missing them.

    Happy Writing--see you next Slicing Year!

    Elizabeth E.
    http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete