Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Today I...


*woke up a bit late


*rubbed Eli's tummy and whispered, "Good morning. It's still early, go back to sleep," as he was beginning to wake up

*took a deep breath of Eli's toddler scent before leaving his still-dark room


*sang along (hoarse voice and all) with AC/DC and Foo Fighters songs on the way to school


*slid (and nearly fell) on the frosty ice patch in the school parking lot


*made coffee for myself and a friend/teacher ("freacher" :) )


*cherished my steaming hot, rich, black Starbucks coffee


*was reminded of a dear friend


*prayed silently


*wondered if I made the right decision


*took several deep breaths


*attempted to ease some test-taking anxiety (for my students AND myself)


*administered "THE TEST"


*read 2 Dr. Seuss books to my class


*challenged my students to accept (and continue) the SOL writing challenge


*tried to focus on all that is right and good, and to filter out the negativity and pessimism


*referred to myself as "a work in progress"

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST! Yes, I'm e-shouting--I'm allowed because I'm excited. This is awesome friend (can I be your "freacher" too?). I caught the part about the steaming cup of dark coffee and I too was reminded of a close friend. You rock.
    BTW--did this link to TWT? I didn't see it but maybe I missed it. Wouldn't be the first think I missed today...

    ReplyDelete