Friday, March 4, 2011

A Secret Revealed


Just the other day, I was telling a friend that Eli has never tasted chocolate milk. He really doesn't even know that milk comes in any other flavor/color than white...and that's the way I would like to keep it.

Yet, as I type, we are watching a fairly high quality, educational program on television, and what's the topic? You guessed it! Chocolate and strawberry milk. Seriously? Ugh.

So I suppose it's a wake up call for me, right? God (and satellite television) is reminding me that I cannot guard and shelter him from everything "evil" and impure. I guess I was just hoping that he could wait and learn about flavored milk when he went to school...sort of like how I learned the "F" word when I started riding the bus to school.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I had the same goal of keeping as many sugary, unhealthy things from my little guy too. I didn't have much luck once he passed 2. They make sugar free syrups now though...if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your slice is upbeat and light. Your use of questioning the reader and then answering is very catchy. I can hear your voice. Fun. :)MaryHelen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh...I didn't even know he didn't know about chocolate milk. And to think that tv ruined it. :)
    So--did he think he should try some right away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great slice!! Chocolate milk was my saving grace to get my kids to drink it!

    ReplyDelete