Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Uno!


Eli's new favorite game is UNO. Nope, he doesn't go for the toddler version, or even the Thomas the Tank Engine version. He wants "grown up UNO!" And he even understands and uses some strategies to help him win!

Today when I got home, Eli said, "You have a good day, Mommy?" (and without waiting for an actual answer...) "Wanna play UNO with me?" How do you say no to that?!

After losing 2 games to my 3-year old, I started to feel a bit downhearted, but Eli was pretty pleased with himself. (And no, I don't let him win...)

After dinner, Eli started begging my husband to play with him. Big surprise.

I can still hear Eli's voice, and see the look on his face when he turned to his daddy and said, "Aww, but I don't HAVE a blue card OR a four...but I DO have a draw four WILD!"

His face literally changed from sad and pouty (such an actor!)to an evil-looking grin, and finally ended in a fit of giggles as Daddy drew four additional cards. Eli eventually won the round.

Maybe next week we'll try some Texas Hold 'Em. :)

2 comments:

  1. What fun! My son started playing UNO at the same age. It's amazing how quickly they learn how to play. Let us know how Texas Hold 'Em goes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I missed this post! Love it--you do such a great job of capturing his nature in writing. That's a gift my friend!

    ReplyDelete